Sholomo J. Lanes, M.D.
Boca Raton Vein Specialist
Sholomo J. Lanes, M.D. specializes in general and vascular surgery / phlebology (the study and treatment of vein disease). He attended medical school at the Universidad Central de Venezuela, Luis Razetti School of Medicine. He completed a post-graduate residency in general and vascular surgery at the Graduate Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he served as chief resident in surgery. He has held positions including Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Universidad Central de Venezuela, Hospital Universitario – Surgical Service II.
Dr. Lanes was the founder and director of the peripheral vascular and phlebology unit at the Hospital Universitario de Caracas (HUC). He was in private practice in general and vascular surgery and phlebology at both Hospital de Clinicas Caracas and Policlinica Santiago de Leon in the city of Caracas, Venezuela.
Other posts held throughout his career include:
- President, Venezuelan Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Chairman, Surgical Department of the Hospital de Clinicas Caracas
- Director, Cardiovascular Chapter of the Venezuelan Surgical Society
- Founder & First Director, Phlebology Chapter of the Venezuelan Surgical Society
Dr. Lanes offers the latest forms of office based treatments like foam sclerotherapy and all minimally invasive ablative vein treatments including:
- Laser (EVLT)
- Radio frequency (Venus/Venefit)
- Ultrasound guided sclerotherapy
- Vein occlusion
Dr. Lanes is the author of several scientific papers on vascular and venous disease and author of several book chapters on the same subject. He is licensed to practice medicine in the states of Florida and Pennsylvania.