How to prevent aging skin from sagging
While there are many aspects of our life that can contribute to aging skin, there are many of these that can be addressed to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and even sagging skin. Dr. Marta Rendon is a board-certified dermatologist in the area of Boca Raton, Florida who understands the importance of taking care of skin today to reduce the signs of aging tomorrow! With a consultation appointment, patients can speak to a professional about the ways in which they can reduce prematurely aging skin!
What are ways to reduce premature aging of the skin?
Below are six ways in which patients can take a proactive approach in reducing the appearance of aging skin or delay the need for certain cosmetic procedures to maintain a youthful appearance:
• Sun protection. Patients should protect their skin by applying a high SPF sunscreen every day to exposed skin, regardless of how much time they plan to spend outdoors.
• Avoid tanning beds. Tanning beds emit UV rays that accelerate aging skin while also significantly increasing a patient’s risk of skin cancer.
• Stop smoking. Smoking can cause wrinkles and a dull complexion.
• Avoid dynamic wrinkles. Dynamic wrinkles are wrinkles caused by muscle contractions. One way to reduce wrinkles around the eyes is to wear sunglasses when outdoors to reduce squinting.
• Eat right. A healthy diet is not only good for your skin, but your entire body! Choose foods that are fresh, and increase your intake of fruits and vegetables which have many vitamins and nutrients your body needs.
• Use proper skincare products. Talk with your doctor to develop an anti-aging skincare product regimen to ensure well-hydrated skin and proper protection from the environment.
Learn more about skincare solutions from our board-certified dermatologist
At Rendon Center of Boca Raton, FL, Dr. Marta Rendon believes in offering patients affordable and effective solutions for aging skin. If you are interested in discussing ways to reduce premature aging skin and increased skin laxity and sagging, contact our team today by calling (561) 750-0544 for an apportionment. Dr. Marta Rendon is accepting new patients and welcomes you to book a consultation visit to discuss anti-aging solutions available in her practice.