PRP Therapy for Hair Loss
Hair loss treatments that use your body’s own regenerative powers are safe, all natural and come with minimal downtimes and mild to no side effects. PRP therapy for hair loss is one of those non-invasive, non-surgical methods. PRP has been clinically proven to safely, effectively and significantly regrow hair.
What Is PRP Therapy?
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, also called PRP Therapy, is a progressive non-surgical treatment to treat hair loss that uses your own blood to stimulate your hair follicles to regrow hair.
Benefits of PRP Therapy to Help with Hair Loss
- All Natural - Since PRP therapy uses the platelets from your own blood, the treatment is totally natural.
- Minimal to No Side Effects - No chemicals or drugs are used in PRP therapy, so you don’t have to be concerned about allergic or other adverse reactions to the treatments. Some people experience mild swelling or pinpoint bleeding that goes away quickly.
- No Downtime - Right after PRP therapy, you can return to your normal daily activities.
- Natural Looking Results - PRP therapy is given where you have natural hair follicles. Once those follicles are stimulated to grow strong, healthy hair, it looks beautifully natural because your hair is growing exactly where nature intended.
Who Makes a Good Candidate for PRP Therapy for Hair Loss?
PRP therapy for hair loss works well for both men and women with:
- Alopecia areata (a common autoimmune condition which causes inflammation leading to hair loss)
- Genetic hair loss
- Thinning hair
- “Weak quality” hair
Good candidates for this treatment are healthy overall and have realistic expectations.
What's the PRP Process Like?
The PRP therapy process for hair loss is simple and painless. The process is painless, because you’ll be given a local anesthetic gel to numb the treatment areas on your scalp. First, your doctor draws a small amount of blood from you. Then, your blood is spun in a centrifuge machine to separate the platelets. Next, the doctor uses a micro needling device on your scalp to prep the treatment areas. Finally, a small, thin microneedle is used to inject the PRP into your scalp. PRP therapy can be repeated everyone to two months, and typically three to four sessions are needed to achieve visible results.
Can PRP Therapy Help with Other Conditions?
PRP therapy is quite a versatile treatment whose regenerative benefits can help improve a variety of conditions.
- Physical conditions - PRP has shown to decrease pain in many joint areas including the elbow, shoulder, wrist, hip, knee and ankle. It’s also used to treat tendinosis/tendonitis and osteoarthritis.
- Signs of Aging - PRP helps eliminate the signs of aging on the face, neck and upper chest. PRP therapy helps diminish lines, wrinkles, dark circles under the eyes, scars, and creases.
- Oral Surgery and Dentistry - PRP is used to aid in the successful grafting of bone into areas of the facial skeleton.
For More Information on PRP Therapy
You don’t have to deal with hair loss any longer, because our all natural PRP therapy treatments can help you regrow hair. At Rendon Center for Dermatology & Aesthetic Medicine, we dedicate ourselves to providing clinical and cosmetic dermatology services that will make you look and feel your best. Our professionals make sure all our treatments are provided by a team of board-certified dermatologists, committed to providing excellence for our clients. Stop by, call, or fill out the appointment request form for a consultation.