Natural signs of aging can cause many people to become self-conscious about their appearance. Juvéderm is a popular dermal filler that is used to fill in fine lines and wrinkles to leave patients with a more youthful looking face. It works by adding fullness and improving tissue volume in the areas of the face where the signs of aging are most predominant. Dr. Rendon and her team have been using Juvéderm for many years with excellent results.
Juvéderm is made of hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring polysaccharide, or sugar, that is found in the skin and joints. The solution has a gel consistency and it is injected into areas of the face that are affected with lines and wrinkles. Often called a "liquid face lift," Juvéderm is a great alternative to expensive and invasive plastic surgery, which can require days, or even weeks of recovery, as well as the risk of scarring and infection. For patients who have a desire to look younger, Juvéderm is effective at filling in lines and wrinkles and can be used to add volume in the cheeks and lips.
The Juvéderm procedure is easy, quick, and provides immediate results. After the initial consultation, patients will be given pre-treatment instructions. It is recommended that patients who are on an aspirin or ibuprofen regimen, or any blood-thinning medications, eliminate this a week prior to your procedure if possible, to reduce the risk of bleeding and bruising. Please consult your primary care physician before stopping any medications.
Patients will have all make-up and cosmetics removed prior to treatment. Dr. Rendon will evaluate the treatment area to determine the appropriate injection points and topical anesthetic will be applied. Dr. Rendon will place a fine needle in the treatment area and slowly inject the filler while gently removing the needle from the skin. This technique ensures a smooth and natural looking delivery of the filler. Patients may feel some slight discomfort or stinging during the injection, but this will go away quickly.
After the procedure, some people may experience slight redness, tenderness, or mild bruising near the injection points, but this will resolve quickly. Juvéderm treatment results can last anywhere from nine months to a year.
If you are looking for a quick and natural looking way to restore youth to your face, call the Rendon Center in Boca Raton today to schedule a consultation.
Back to Dermal Fillers Home Page
- Juvéderm Doctor Near Boca Raton FL - Juvéderm treatment from a qualified doctor near Boca Raton, FL
- Anti-Aging Treatment In Boca Raton FL - Available anti-aging treatment in Boca Raton, FL
- Sculptra Dermal Filler Boca Raton - Why Boca Raton area patients may consider Sculptra dermal fillers
- Restylane Dermal Filler Boca Raton - Benefits of Restylane dermal filler for Boca Raton area patients
- Restylane Facial Fillers Boca Raton - Boca Raton area dermatologist describes Restylane facial fillers
- Juvéderm Dermal Filler Boca Raton - Boca Raton patients ask, "What can I expect with Juvéderm dermal filler?"
- Lip Augmentation Boca Raton FL - How lip augmentation can help Boca Raton FL residents have beautiful smiles